More Pages Coming Soon!

Monday 7 April 2014

Bounty and A Bathtub


Finally after a long winter there is purple broccoli in the garden! I also harvested the last of the leeks and the first of this year's rhubarb. In another week I can direct seed root crops like beets, carrots, parsnips, and potatoes.


I finally finished quilting this sucker, it took longer than I thought but it was totally worth it. The whole quilt now has this lovely crinkly feel to it. I was kind of sloppy and it isn't perfect, but this was my first try at free motion quilting a large project so I'm just glad it turned out as good as it did.


I did a basic meandering stippling pattern all over the quilt, mostly in purple except on the lighter squares, which were quilted in yellow.


The weather has been warming up slowly and we've been spending more time outside.


David was watching the backhoe today as it brought my bathtub into the yard!!


I'm going to put a firebox underneath the tub so that I can have a luxurious bath that will stay hot for hours! The thing is cast iron and weighs like 500 pounds.


My boy, curled up under my first quilt with his bunny wabbit.


Boating on the glassy water, looking over at Vancouver Island.
It's almost kayaking weather!

More quilts and stitching to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: