More Pages Coming Soon!

Friday 6 December 2013

Photos: Frosty Beach











Little fella got cold pretty fast so we didn't stay long.

It felt like the perfect day to go home, stoke the fire, and make gingerbread cookies. 

My Gingerbread Recipe:
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup molasses
4 cups flour
3 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder

Cream butter and sugar, add molasses.  Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl and add to butter/sugar combo in 3 parts. Chill dough for 2 hours. Roll onto a floured surface and cut into shapes. Bake at 325 for 15 minutes. This recipe seems a bit molasses-y but the cookies were super yummy. I looked into making gluten free gingerbread but I am running low on potato starch so I went with unbleached wheat flour.

I made icing with confectioner's sugar and just enough water so it could squeeze it through a piping bag. (I used a ziploc bag and cut a little hole in the corner.) Yes, I licked out the bag. I am so bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

You May Also Like: